Killeen 2012



02-21-2012 Sweetwater, Texas


I was supposed to head for Texas yesterday, but high winds around 30 mph were expected. Needless to say an RV traveling across roads at high winds not such a good idea. So I stayed another night in bore ville. But this morning I left and spent the night at some off the road RV Park called Chaparral for $20. Just put your money in the tin can by the office and pick a spot. It was a nice quiet no frills RV Park. I did not even unhook the truck; I just walked up the street to a Chinese buffet place for $7 had good dinner. However, the next morning I was not feeling too well.


Today we headed east, next stop Killeen here we come. Several hours down the line I felt sick and had to pull over to barf alongside the road. About two hours later, I felt sick again and pulled over to throw up. I got stuck in the mud and I never barf but I had the runs, so I run into the RV. Some real nice guy with a Chevy truck turned around and helped to pull us out of the mud. If it weren’t for this Texan we’d be high and dry for awhile. He would not take any money and told me to just stop and help the next guy, Mahalo bruddha. Another two hours later I pulled into Killeen and I had to pull into a used car lot and throw up into a plastic bag, and it leaked over my shirt and I also had the runs at the same time. Damn Chinese food got me sick, now I don’t like Chinese food and hate Chinese people. Nah I just spent the next four days in Killeen sick like a dog. I will leave out the graphics for those of you who are not real fans.


On this day, late in the afternoon, because of Elisha's medical problems the doctor felt it was best to induce labor.

A couple of hours later, Xavian Gregory Keahi Skelton was born. Several hours later, he went into respitory distress and was placed on oxygen in NICU (Neonatal ICU). A week later, Xavian was doing much better and was released from the hospital.


I placed my RV in Storage at West Storage in Killeen for several months and stayed at Elisha n Gary's place. I stayed in Killeen until August babysitting Xavian when Elisha had to go to work.


My brother James flew into visit Julianne and the girls for his 49th birthday. They decided to go on a road trip and visit the baby in Texas. I took the RV out of storage and they stayed there. I continued to watch Xavian while Elisha went to work and hung out at the RV when my shift was over. Elisha and Gary got to visit with us on their days off. We had so much fun at the drive through animal park.